Role Title: Food WorksSW Receptionist
Site / Location: The Food WorksSW, Whirlwind Road, Weston-Super-Mare, BS24 8EF
Term: Part Time, 15 hours per week (Tuesday to Thursday)
Anticipated start date: February 2022
Duration: Short-term (6 months)
Salary Range: £10 per hour
Holiday Allowance: 25 Days + 8 Banks Holidays pro rata
THE VACANCY: Food WorksSW Receptionist
Overall Job Purpose
First point of contact for clients and site visitors at Food WorksSW. The role requires exceptional ‘front of house’ customer service skills in addition to providing administrative and facilities support to centre staff.
The role requires an individual to carry out day-to-day finance functions and be the initial contact for all accounts queries. Maintaining an office presence and supporting both the finance Manager and team with all aspects of finance, compliance and administration.
Care must be taken to ensure that operational practices, processes and deadlines are in line with all legal, statutory and regulatory duties, contractual obligations and any funding requirements.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Reception & Administration
- Welcome visitors and contractors to site and ensure the correct sign in procedure is followed.
- Administration of phone and email enquiries.
- Refer clients / enquiries to various team members as appropriate.
- General office administration.
- Completion of customer feedback forms after use of the site facilities.
- Assist the Food and Drink Forum central admin team.
- Assist with the review and update of site Standard Operating Procedures and internal policies.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Coffee Shop
- Serve refreshments & snacks to customers and process payments.
- Carry out scheduled checks and cleaning activities.
- Assist with provision of refreshments and catering for site meetings and events.
- Ensure the business lounge is clean and tidy at all times.
- Site Facilities
- Assisting with the set up of meeting rooms and development kitchens prior to use.
- Tidying of meeting rooms, kitchens, business lounge after use.
- Checks of consumable stock and equipment inventories.
- Assist with conduct of daily site/facilities checks.
- Assisting the team with production unit issues raised by tenants.
- Assisting the team with monitoring and maintaining of the site Business Management System.
ABOUT THE FORUM AND FOOD WORKSSW
The Forum: Leading the way in food technical, The Food & Drink Forum is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation which specialises in taking food and drink businesses from the early start up stage to becoming established businesses. Currently based across three industry-leading, purpose-built food parks, our regional coverage is ever increasing. Food Technical is at the core of what we do and offers a crucial lifeline to new and established food and drink businesses.
The Food WorksSW: Food WorksSW is a dynamic food and drink innovation centre that offers 12 food production units and a business engagement centre that has a reception, coffee shop, business lounge, conference centre, meeting rooms and development kitchens for businesses to hire for food trials and new product development.
To apply for this role please send the below to email@example.com
- A Covering Letter demonstrating;
- Your interest in the role at the Forum
- How your qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience meet the role and person specification
- A Current CV
- At least 2 references (one must be from your current employer). Please state whether referees can be contacted during interview stages.
Further information, job descriptions and person specification can be found at: https://www.foodworks-sw.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Reception-Job-Description-FoodWorks-27Jan22.pdf
Please submit your application as soon as you are able to as the advert will close as soon as we have found a suitable candidate. We will be holding interviews throughout the course of February.
We thank all applicants for their application and interest in the role and in The Food and Drink Forum. As we receive a lot of applications it is difficult to respond to each individual applicant therefore, if you have not received communication from us within two weeks, it is likely that you have not been successful in your application on this occasion.
By applying for, or accepting, a role at the Food and Drink Forum Ltd, you consent for the company to hold and share personal data with third parties/funders where the role is being fully or part funded. In addition to the Forum holding such recruitment and employment records for a period of 6 months, or as per the funded project requirements which could be up to 10 years, as evidence and transparency within a project. Note that all personal and sensitive data will be kept secure and confidential and used for employment and or project reporting purposes only.