A Recipe for Success
The Food WorksSW is a vibrant new centre of excellence for nurturing local food and drink business, with state of the art facilities, technical support and expert advice to get your business bubbling. Connecting local producers to collaborate, innovate, identify new markets and create jobs within the sector.
The Food Works,SW due to open in March 2020, will be a dynamic food and drink innovation centre offering food-grade business units, product development facilities and a business engagement centre to help your business grow.
An operator will be apointed in April 2019 and from early summer will be working closely with the developer to guide the fit out of the centre, liaise with key stakeholders and will be able to provide businesses with further details on the rental of business units, use of product development facilities, meeting room hire, packages of support and membership.
The Food WorksSW will create a focal point and regional centre of excellence for food and drink businesses across the South West. It will help new businesses begin their journey and more established producers to innovate and grow.
The Food WorksSW will be there to ensure that businesses with great ideas truly take off.
The centre will be comprised of
- Eight 1000 sq/ft and four 1500 sq/ft purpose built food-grade business units to lease that are both affordable and flexible.
- Four Product Development rooms to enable businesses of any size to scale up production, introduce new lines, produce short runs and pilot improvements.
- Practical hands-on technical support to enable food businesses to grow and succeed within highly complex supply-chains.
- Learning and collaboration opportunities as well as creating business development prospects.
- A ‘one stop shop’ so that businesses can draw on support and expertise at a local, regional and national level.
Funded by the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership through the Local Growth Fund, administered by the West of England Combined Authority.