Food-Grade Business Units
The availability of food-grade premises for production is an ever present barrier for food and drink manufacturers. ‘Standard’ business units can be converted to conform to food and environmental health standards but this can be expensive and incurs ongoing costs to maintain them.
The Business Units at The Food WorksSW provide food and drink businesses with modern and cost amenable food-grade premises that conform to the highest standards and meet the latest environmental health legislation. The various sized Business Units will enable start-up or established businesses to fulfil their production requirements safe in the knowledge that maintenance costs will be minimised and that they can achieve BRC Grade AA with confidence.
Available for immediate lease, business unit tenants benefit from:
- 24 hour access to site / 7 days a week
- Food-grade non-slip resin flooring
- Staff kitchen and changing area
- Roller shutter doors for accessibility
- Three and single phase electricity
- Video intercom system and access control
- Discounted use of development kitchen space within the engagement centre
- Discounted use of meeting rooms within the engagement centre
- Access to specialist business and food technical / development support from The Food WorksSW team
- Free Business Membership with Site Operators, The Food & Drink Forum (worth £150 per year)
- Secure site