A Recipe for Success
The Food WorksSW is a vibrant centre of excellence for nurturing local food and drink business and their products, with facilities, technical support, and expert advice to get your business growing. Connecting local producers to collaborate, innovate, identify new markets, and create jobs within the sector.
The Food WorksSW which opened in April 2020, is a dynamic food and drink innovation centre offering food-grade business units, product development facilities and a business engagement centre to help your business grow.
The Food and Drink Forum were appointed as the operator, by North Somerset Council, in May 2019. The Forum worked closely with North Somerset Council and are responsible for the rental of the business units.
The Food WorksSW creates a focal point and regional centre of excellence for food and drink businesses across the Southwest, allowing them to access conference and meeting room space. It helps new businesses begin their journey and more established producers to innovate and grow.
The Food WorksSW has been set up to ensure that businesses with great ideas truly take off.
The Innovation Centre comprises of:
- Eight 1000 sq/ft and four 1500 sq/ft purpose-built food-grade business units to lease that are both affordable and flexible.
- Four product development kitchens and a fully equipped trial kitchen to enable businesses of any size to scale up production, introduce new lines, produce short runs and pilot improvements.
- Practical hands-on technical support to enable food businesses to grow and succeed within highly complex supply-chains.
- Business lounge and coffee shop for a quiet workspace or a place to meet colleagues.
- Meeting rooms and event space for conferences, workshops, seminars or networking events.